'THE GOLD RUSH’
Northern California’s 6 hr run, ride and paddle adventure race.
Come experience the wilderness of the beautiful lakes and hills of central California
SATURDAY June 4th 2011 www.GoldRushAR.com
· What: A 6 hr adventure event.
§ Whether you come to race hard or just enjoy your first adventure race, this
§ is a great challenge for your summer.
· Disciplines: Orienteering, mountain biking and paddling.
§ Two person teams or relay teams of 2 or 3 person.
§ Race organization can help you to make up a team – contact us.
· Schedule: Saturday 4th morning 6am Registration and team briefing.
o morning 8am Start
o afternoon 6pm Race cutoff, food and awards.
· Place: The race will take place within easy reach of the towns of Sonora and Oakdale in central California. Details will be announced in the entry packet.
§ Approximately 2 hours from San Francisco Bay Area.
· Course: Fun, entertaining and scenic.
§ Approximately equal parts foot, bike and paddle.
§ Details of the race course will be provided at the start. The orienteering course is a new challenge each year while the bike and paddle will be familiar to past racers.
· Need to know: Crew required.
§ Post race meal included in entry.
§ Race director Mark Richardson
§ Entry $70/person (a great value!).
§ Youth discount! Team members under 25 years only $50 per person.
§ Late entry after May 10th –add $20 per team member.
§ Last years race filled up early. Reserve your entry soon.
Gold Rush Adventure Racing